The Jeep Wrangler is considered the “King of the road” and for a good reason. Its design, beauty, and powerful engine are just some of the reasons why most car enthusiasts consider this beast over its 4×4 rivals. And since its purpose leans more on off-road use, this vehicle is likely to accumulate a lot of mud, water, spills, and food debris that can leave permanent stains on the factory mats. So, to keep the interior looking clean and tidy, you need the best Jeep Wrangler floor mats.
But, doesn’t the Jeep Wrangler come with factory all-weather mats? Well, it does. However, there are times when the OEM floor mats might fail to do their job as expected. Also, you might be looking to upgrade your interior with decorative floor mats that meet your aesthetic demands.
So, whatever the reason, there are countless options in the market that promise to keep the job done. The bad thing about it is that finding a reliable, long-lasting, and rock-solid floor mat can be a tad overwhelming. For that reason, this guide has listed at least 14 high-quality floor mats that will give your Jeep Wrangler a new modern look while still protecting the factory carpeting.
- Best Jeep Wrangler Floor Mats: Editor’s Top Picks
- Top 14 Best Jeep Wrangler Floor Mats Reviews:
- 1. Husky Liners 99001 Black Weatherbeater Floor Liners
- 2. Mopar 82213860 All-Weather 3-Piece Floor Mat Set
- 3. Rugged Ridge 12987.04 Floor Liner
- 4. Bestop 51509-01 Floor Mats for Jeep Wrangler 97-06
- 5. Motor Trend FlexTough Rubber Floor Mats
- 6. Amazon Basics 4-Piece Rubber Floor Mats
- 7. YITAMOTOR 1st & 2nd Row All-Weather Mats
- 8. MAXLINER 2 Row Liner Set
- 9. Jeep All-New 2019 Wrangler JL All-Weather Floor Liners
- 10. OEDRO Floor Mats Liners
- 11. SMARTLINER Floor Mats 2 Row Liner Set
- 12. Armor All 78840ZN 4-Piece Rubber Floor Mats
- 13. Plasticolor Jeep Weatherpro 4 Pc. Floor Mat Set
- 14. BDK MT783PLUS ProLiner Front & Rear Rubber Floor Mats
- Things to Consider When Choosing Jeep Wrangler Floor Mats
- Types of Car Floor Mats
- Benefits of Using Floor Mats
- How do you Clean Jeep Floor Mats?
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Best Jeep Wrangler Floor Mats: Editor’s Top Picks
Top 14 Best Jeep Wrangler Floor Mats Reviews:
1. Husky Liners 99001 Black Weatherbeater Floor Liners
- Fitment: 09-18 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Models
- Position: Front & Rear
Let’s kick start our discussion by talking about the Husky Liners 99001 Floor Liners. First and foremost, the Jeep Wrangler is considered the best car if you’re planning to drive uphill or on rough muddy roads. While it takes you closer to the beauty of nature, messing up the interior with muddy soles is quite inevitable.
But, don’t worry. The Husky Liners 99001 Floor Liners are here to offer you the ultimate solution. Considered the “weather beaters” as the name suggests, these Jeep floor mats are made from hard plastic that shields your factory floor mats against natural and man-made stains.
The mats come as a set for the front and back seats meaning you’ll enjoy guaranteed all-round protection. About the fitment, these mats match the contours of your vehicle keeping all delicate areas well protected against spills. These mats have tiny spikes on the underneath to avoid shifting. They also have a sporty and rugged design that lets them withstand heavy abuse.
- Designed to fit Dodge Ram Crew Cab models
- The sporty & rugged material used withstands heavy abuse
- Matches your car’s contours to seal delicate parts from spills
- Easy to wipe and wash
- Exclusively made in the United States
2. Mopar 82213860 All-Weather 3-Piece Floor Mat Set
- Fitment: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
- Material: Rubber
- Position: Front & Rear
The Mopar 82213860 3-Piece Floor Mat Set is another immaculate pick that will never disappoint you. Marketed as 3-piece, these mats consist of two front mats for the driver and passenger sides and one large mat for the three rear seats. This great deal will surely save you some bucks as compared to if you bought the pieces separately.
Now, looking at the surface of these mats, you’ll realize the surface has deep grooves that resemble real imprints of a Jeep Wrangler. While this gives the mats a bit of style, the main motive is to form deep ribs that will help trap and hold road debris such as mud, snow, dirt, and water. Since the mats are designed to fit the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-door model, you won’t worry about the fitment as they’ll definitely cover the entire floor.
Other than that, the Mopar 82213860 3-Piece Floor Mats are made from rubber that’s very easy to clean. They come in an all-black color that’s denser, thicker, and very easy to clean. Lastly, these floor mats contain an exclusive Jeep logo imprint that makes them quite authentic.
- Has deep ribs that help to trap unwanted road debris
- Comes as a 3-piece for both front and rear seats
- Designed to fit your Jeep’s contours
- The rubber material used is easy to wipe and clean
- Has a Jeep logo to reveal the company’s authenticity
3. Rugged Ridge 12987.04 Floor Liner
- Fitment: 07-18 4-Door Jeep Wrangler JK
- Color: Black
- Position: Front & Rear
When you hear of Rugged Ridge, what comes to mind is a brand that’s well established in the Jeep market. The Rugged Ridge 12987.04 Floor Liner is just one among the many floor mats this brand has been specializing on. Unlike most aftermarket mats, this one fits the contours of your Jeep Wrangler to offer complete protection to the interior.
Now, just like the rest of the floor mats we’ve discussed, this one is available as a 3-piece set to fit the front and rear seats. The surface of the mats consists of molded chevron-shaped tread patterns that have deep ribs enough to capture dust, mud, snow, and water. Since off-road driving involves cruising through rough, swampy, and muddy terrains, these best floor mats for Jeep Wrangler will ensure that your factory floor mats are not stained by any of these parameters.
About the material, the Rugged Ridge 12987.04 Floor Liner mats are constructed from high-pressure injection molded TPE material that’s flexible and non-stick even when exposed to extreme temperatures. That said, if you own a 2007-2018 4-door Jeep Wrangler JK, then this floor mat set is an ideal pick for you.
- Doesn’t release unpleasant smells when new
- The heavy-duty TPE material used is flexible and non-slip
- Raised lips on the edges capture water, spills, and dirt
- The material used is all-weather resistant and easy to clean
- Deep tread patterns improve grip
4. Bestop 51509-01 Floor Mats for Jeep Wrangler 97-06
- Fitment: 97-06 Jeep Wrangler
- Material: Thermoplastic elastomer
Bestop is a reputable brand that has received positive criticism from the off-road community. With vast knowledge in the off-road business, this brand knows exactly where the shoe pinches most. For that reason, they’ve gifted Jeep enthusiasts an early holiday package in the form of the Bestop 51509-01 Floor Mats.
Although the factory floor mats keep the job done, they’re limited to some extent. That’s where Bestop comes in to fill the deficit by offering Jeepers a pair of classy, standard, and aggressive floor mats that keep the interior looking clean and organized. To guarantee the best results, these mats are molded from thermoplastic elastomer material that withstands extreme weather conditions.
The surface consists of protruded 5/16” treads that lower the chances of slipping when the mats are wet. The edges of these mats are raised to hold at least 40% of water in case you happen to get on your Jeep with wet shoes. To give you some peace of mind, the stop 51509-01 Floor Mats are equipped with nibs and hooks to hold on to your factory floor mats to avoid shifting.
- Thermoplastic elastomer withstands tough weather conditions
- The 5/16” treads make these mats slip and skid resistant
- Raised edges allow the mats to retain more water from your shoes
- Easy to clean with a hose
- Designed to fit the 97-06 Jeep Wrangler 2-door and 4-door models
5. Motor Trend FlexTough Rubber Floor Mats
- Position: Front, Rear & Cargo Area
- Color: Choice of Black, Grey & Beige Tan
Another set of floor mats you can’t afford to miss out on is the Motor Trend FlexTough All-Weather Floor Mats. Designed for Jeeps and SUVs, these mats come as a set consisting of two front mats, one large rear mat, and another large mat to cover the cargo area. So, with this 4-piece set, you enjoy full coverage right from the driver’s seat to the cargo area.
Away from that, these mats are made from advanced rubber polymers that make them extremely flexible. The rubber used is anti-slip and doesn’t crack, split or deform when exposed to extreme weather. In fact, unlike thermoplastic elastomer, rubber is easily trimmable making it easier for you to modify the mats to fit your car’s contours.
Something else you’ll truly love about these mats is their design and appearance. The top consists of ergonomic grooves that give your feet some traction when stepping on them. Other than traction, the grooved surface helps to drain excess water, mud, dirt, and snow from your soles without allowing any spills to penetrate to the factory floor mats. Available in three inspiring colors, the Motor Trend FlexTough All-Weather Floor Mats are odorless and BPA-free making them environmentally safe.
- Fits a wide selection of vehicles
- Three colors to choose from
- Consists of 4-pieces to fit the front, rear, and cargo area
- Made from an extremely durable rubber polymer
- The material doesn’t crack, split or deform
6. Amazon Basics 4-Piece Rubber Floor Mats
- Material: Rubber
- Position: Front & Rear
Whether it’s upgrading your Jeep’s interior or just replacing your former floor mats with something more elegant, the Amazon Basics 4-Piece Rubber Floor Mats are worthy contenders you can’t fail to pick. What you’ll love most about these mats is how universal they are as they’re designed to fit on most passenger vehicles. So, whether you own a Jeep Wrangler or not, you don’t have to worry about the fitment.
When it comes to construction, the Amazon Basics Floor Mats are molded from a flexible rubber that’s both thick and sturdy. The rubber used has excellent all-weather resistance as it doesn’t warp, crack or harden even after regular usage.
About the design, these best Jeep floor mats contain multiple deep grooves that offer an advanced non-slip advantage. They also offer adequate traction to your feet and help to contain dirt, mud, snow, and other road debris from your feet. To ensure that you don’t stain your factory floor mats, Amazon Basics has added anti-slip rubberized spikes at the bottom to avoid shifting.
- The rubber material used is high quality and BPA-free
- The mats are odorless and non-toxic
- The rubber used doesn’t warp, crack or harden when exposed to extreme weather
- Comes as a 4-piece set for the front and rear seats
- Backed by a limited 1-year warranty
7. YITAMOTOR 1st & 2nd Row All-Weather Mats
- Fitment: 16-21 Jeep Grand Cherokee & Dodge Durango
- Material: Thermoplastic Elastomer
- Position: Front & Back
The YITAMOTOR All-Weather Mats are perfect if you’re looking for floor liners that fit the 16-21 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango 4-door models. Available for the 1st and 2nd row of your vehicle, these mats offer the best customization options if you’re looking to upgrade your Jeep’s interior.
Now, one thing you’ll truly love about these floor mats is the 3D laser scanning technology that has been used in the construction process. With this technology, these mats are designed to fit precisely in your Jeep’s interior by hugging all the contours. With such a snug fit, you won’t mind trimming or cutting the edges of these mats just to fit precisely.
About the material, the YITAMOTOR All-Weather Mats are made from non-toxic TPE material that’s 100% odorless and free from lead, latex, cadmium, and harmful PVCs. Other than its environmentally-friendly advantage, these mats are excellent mud, water, snow, and dirt trappers thanks to their raised edges and perforated surfaces.
- Fits the 2016-2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango models
- Molded using the latest 3D laser scanning technology
- TPE material used is odorless and environmentally friendly
- The material used doesn’t crack or warp when exposed to extreme weather
- Non-skid nib backing keeps the liners firmly in place
8. MAXLINER 2 Row Liner Set
- Fitment: 07-13 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door
- Position: Front & Rear
In case you’re looking for the best floor mats for Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, then look no further as the MAXLINER 2 Row Liner Set is here to meet your demands. These mats consist of 3-pieces that are molded according to the contours of your Wrangler Unlimited. However, due to the high level of competition in this business, MAXLINER has mentioned that these mats are trimmable to allow them to fit on similar vehicles as the Unlimited.
Now to the performance, the MAXLINER 2 Row Liners are molded with low-density grooves to trap water, mud, snow, and dirt from your soles while keeping your feet comfortable. The lips around the edges are slightly raised to prevent excess water from messing up your factory floor mats.
About the texture, these floor liners have slip-resistant surfaces that lower the chances of skidding when getting on or off your vehicle. The material used is easy to wipe and clean meaning you won’t have to worry about stubborn stains. The MAXLINER 2 Row Liner Set is 100% odorless and is backed by a lifetime warranty making it an authentic buy.
- An ideal pick for the 07-13 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-door model
- It’s trimmable for easy customization
- Offers entire floorboard coverage thanks to the precise molding
- Stain-resistant and 100% odorless
- Raised lips on the edges trap excess water, mud, and snow.
9. Jeep All-New 2019 Wrangler JL All-Weather Floor Liners
- Fitment: 2019 Wrangler JL 4-Door
- Position: Front & Rear
The Jeep All-New Floor Liners are customized mats that are specifically molded to fit the 2019 Wrangler JL 4-door series. According to Mopar, these mats don’t fit the Gladiator or the old-style Wrangler JK. Now, looking at these mats, you’ll notice a bold Jeep logo imprinted on the surface. This means that these mats are factory floor liners that are specifically made for Jeep vehicles.
About the design, these floor mats are quite different from the rest of the mats we’ve discussed. The surface doesn’t have grooved imprints to trap water. Instead, Mopar has used raised lips on the edges to gather water, mud, snow, and other road debris.
Other than that, Mopar has used an all-weather material that’s highly resistant to wear caused by extreme weather. The material used is non-slip meaning you won’t worry about skidding. Each mat is equipped with nibs and grommets to keep the mats intact.
- The bold Jeep logo portrays the brand’s authenticity
- Designed for all-weather use
- Nibs and grommets prevent the mats from shifting
- Protects the interior against mud, snow, dirt, water, and other road debris
- Easy to clean
10. OEDRO Floor Mats Liners
- Fitment: 14-18 Jeep Wrangler JK 4-Door
- Material: TPE
The OEDRO Floor Mat Liners are excellent picks if you own the 2014-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK 4-door series. Here, you need to be very keen on the specifics, as these mats won’t fit any of the 2-door models. Molded using the latest 3D laser scanning technology, these mats are intended to accurately line with your interior carpeting on both the front and the back row.
With such a design advantage, you won’t worry about messing your factory floor mats as everything has already been taken care of. When it comes to the material, OEDRO has used thermoplastic elastomer to give the interior a rugged and durable grip. In fact, this material is 100% odorless and environmentally safe making it the best for kids and adults.
Cleaning these TPE mats is also easy as they have a non-stick surface that doesn’t stain or hold debris. The surface is molded with deep ribs that trap mud, water, dirt, and snow from your soles. Unlike PVC, TPE is about 300% temperature resistant meaning the mats will never deform, crack or warp when exposed to extreme weather.
- Has nibs and grommets to prevent shifting
- Easy to wipe and clean
- 3D scanning technology ensures the mats match your Jeep’s contours
- The TPE material used is odorless and environmentally safe
- Remains gentle and flexible even under extreme weather
11. SMARTLINER Floor Mats 2 Row Liner Set
- Fitment: 18-21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
- Material: All-Weather Resistant
The SMARTLINER 2 Row Floor Mats are exactly what you need if you’re looking to maintain the resale value of your Jeep. The design and the wide color option make these mats ideal customization options if you’re planning to upgrade your Jeep’s interior. But, when shopping, you need to note that these floor liners are custom made to fit the 2018-2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL and not the JK models.
However, if you own a vehicle that’s slightly similar to the Wrangler Unlimited, then you can trim these mats to make them match the contours of your car. Other than that, the SMARTLINER 2 Row Floor Mats are made from an odorless stain-resistant material that gives your Jeep, truck, or SUV a first-class look.
The mats have a textured non-skid surface and shallow grooves to trap water, mud, dirt, and spills. The edges are slightly raised to prevent dirt, mud, and spills from staining your factory floor mats. Cleaning these mats is quite easy, as you only need to use a hose and a bucket of soapy water to wash off the mess. So, if you’re searching for the best floor mats for Jeep Wrangler JL, then we believe you’ve got an option.
- 3D laser scan technology ensure the mats are custom fit for your Jeep model
- The mats have a textured skid-resistant surface
- Each mat is 100% odorless and stain-resistant
- Easy to clean using a hose and soapy water
- The mats are trimmable to fit specific vehicles
12. Armor All 78840ZN 4-Piece Rubber Floor Mats
- Material: Rubber
- Color: Options of Black, Tan & Grey
Next on our list, we have the Armor All 78840ZN-4-Piece Floor Mats. Now, one feature that has allowed this mat set to appear in our list is the trimmable advantage that lets you trim the edges to fit the mats on various vehicles. With this customizable advantage, these mats can fit nearly any vehicle to protect the floor from damage.
To make it easier to trim, Armor has used heavy-duty rubber. But, apart from being trimmable, the rubber material used has deep tread patterns that hold water, dirt, mud, snow, and other road debris from your soles. The edges have raised lips that ensure any confined water, mud, or spills do not escape and damage the factory flooring.
In other words, your Jeep will remain spotlessly clean regardless of the weather conditions. Other than that, these mats are all-weather resistant and are very easy to wipe and clean. The bottom of the mats consists of a clever Carpet Claw Technology that prevents the mats from shifting.
- These mats offer you a choice of three inspiring colors
- Carpet Claw Technology prevents the mats from sliding off
- Easily trimmable to fit your specific car model
- Rubber material doesn’t curl, crack or harden when exposed to sub-zero temperatures
- Deep tread patterns trap water, spills, mud, and other messes
13. Plasticolor Jeep Weatherpro 4 Pc. Floor Mat Set
- Material: Polyvinyl Chloride
- Fitment: Universal
Plasticolor is one of the most respected brands when it comes to the manufacture of aftermarket automotive products such as seat covers, steering covers, spare tire covers, and splash guards among others. Another area they’ve specialized in is in the manufacture of floor mats such as the Plasticolor Jeep Weatherpro Floor Mat Set.
If you have read up to this point, you’ll realize that this 4-piece mat set is one of the budget-friendly options we’ve listed. So, if what you’re looking for is all-weather protection in an attractive package, then this mat set is the right match for you. Unlike other mats, these are universal fits meaning they can fit other vehicles besides your Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.
These mats are made from Polyvinyl Chloride that’s flexible, durable, and long-lasting. Unlike most of the mats we’ve listed, the Plasticolor Jeep Weatherpro Floor Mat Set doesn’t have deep grooves or raised reinforced sidewalls. This makes them a slightly poor pick when it comes to trapping water, mud, and debris from your soles. To compensate for this slight shortcoming, Plasticolor has added nibs on the underside to keep the mats firmly in place.
- The mats have a molded Jeep logo that doesn’t fade away
- Designed to fit a wide range of Jeep models
- Available at an attractive price range
- Have nibs on the underside to prevent the mats from sliding
- Molded using flexible and durable Polyvinyl Chloride
14. BDK MT783PLUS ProLiner Front & Rear Rubber Floor Mats
- Fitment: Universal
- Material: Heavy-Duty Rubber
Claiming the remaining post in this discussion is the BDK MT783PLUS ProLiner Floor Mats. Just like our previous Plasticolor floor mats, these too are budget-friendly meaning you won’t have to spend a lot just to get them. These mats come as a 3-piece set to fit the first and second row of your Jeep Wrangler.
Now, to those that own pickup trucks, SUVs, and vans, these mats can be trimmed to fit the contours of your specific vehicle. The mats are molded from all-season heavy-duty rubber that’s lab-tested to ensure it doesn’t crack, warp or deform when exposed to extreme weather. So, when used in your car, these mats can withstand normal wear hence last longer.
About the design, these best Jeep Wrangler floor mats are equipped with ergonomic grooves that easily trap water, mud, snow, and other road debris from your soles. The grooves also offer excellent comfort and foot traction when stepping on the mats. These mats also have raised lips on the edges to trap messy spills to prevent them from ruining the factory flooring.
- These floor mats are available in Grey, Beige, and Black
- The package contains 3 pieces for the front and back seats
- The mats can be trimmed for easy customization
- The extra high ridgeline prevent spills from staining your factory mats
- Have anti-slip backing to prevent shifting
Things to Consider When Choosing Jeep Wrangler Floor Mats
Although we’ve listed some of the best aftermarket floor mats that are available for Jeep models, there’s more to this. Most of these floor mats have features that either meet or fail to meet your demands.
Knowing these parameters is important, as it will let you know what exactly you’re looking for. So, in this section, we’re going to list some of the factors you’re supposed to consider when buying aftermarket floor mats for Jeep Wrangler.
The first factor you need to consider when choosing the best floor mats for trucks is the material used in the construction. In most cases, these materials range from plastic, rubber, Polyvinyl Chloride to TPE among others.
In our discussion, two of the finest materials that are used by most brands are rubber and Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE). The reason for this is that these two materials offer exceptional moisture and UV resistance. However, regardless of their immense benefits, these two materials have their fine share of pros and cons.
Rubber, for instance, produces a foul odor that can be a nuisance. It also lacks color options. Plastic, on the other hand, is strong but not environmentally safe. For that reason, most people turn to TPE, which is a hybrid of plastic and rubber.
The second most important parameter you should consider when buying Jeep Wrangler floor mats is fitment. If you’re ordering the mats online, you need to make sure the size of the mats fits your specific car model. The best thing about most brands is that they clearly specify which car models will fit their mats.
In case you don’t find the precise match, consider getting trimmable floor mats that can be customized to fit the contours of your car.
When choosing floor mats, you need to pick those mats that are durable and long-lasting. You need to ensure the mats are all-weather resistant to make them usable throughout the year. This way, your floor mats won’t curl, warp, crack or deform when exposed to extreme weather.
Ease of Cleaning:
Now, the best Jeep Wrangler floor mats are meant to get dirty. Since Jeeps are designed for off-road use, most of the dirt, mud, and debris you gather from the rough terrains end up on the car’s floor mats. If you’re not careful, this can easily stain your factory mats making it hard to clean them.
So, to avoid this, you need to get the right mats that are easy to clean. Rubber and TPE, for instance, are among the best materials you can pick, as they don’t stain. Carpet, on the other hand, is one of the worst materials you can consider, as it needs several rounds of washes to remove the stains.
Tread patterns are very important when buying floor mats for your Jeep Wrangler. Besides being stylish, tread patterns determine how easily the mats can trap dirt, mud, water, snow, and other road debris. Besides, the mats should have raised lips on the edges to prevent excess water from ruining your factory flooring.
Types of Car Floor Mats
Now, if you thought floor mats were meant for resting your feet, then you’re quite mistaken. These mats have lots of other benefits, some of which you’ve never thought about. One of those is enhancing the aesthetic value of your Jeep while the other is soaking water and trapping grime, mud, and dirt from your soles.
So, whether you’re looking to brighten up your cabin or protect your factory floor mats from spills and stains, here are four types of floor mats you can consider.
Fabric Carpets Floor Mats
These types of floor mats are considered the cheapest options available. They’re available in different attractive colors and designs to suit your aesthetic needs. These mats give you improved foot comfort and have a rubber backing to prevent them from slipping.
Now, since these mats are made from fabric, they have several setbacks that make them the worst choice. One, they stain easily and two, they wear faster. They also offer less traction as compared to their rubber counterparts.
Rubber Floor Mats
If you’re looking for the best car floor mats that will offer all-weather protection to your Jeep’s cabin, then look no further than the rubber floor mats. These mats are thick and dense and are designed to withstand extreme weather conditions.
The surface consists of deep channels and grooves that trap excess water, mud, and snow from your soles. The edges have raised lips to prevent excess water and spills from exiting the mats and staining your factory flooring.
Nomad Mats (Curly Mats)
These types of mats are considered better alternatives when compared to carpet or fabric mats. Instead of tread patterns, these floor mats have curls that soak water, dirt, mud, and other road debris from your soles. These mats are easy to clean and come in a variety of hues and sizes to suit your Jeep’s interior demands.
Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE)
TPE floor mats are excellent options if you’re looking to protect your factory flooring against spills and stains. This material is made from a mix of rubber, plastic, and other filler blends. By mixing these materials, what you get is a floor mat that has excellent chemical and UV resistance.
About the design, these mats have deep grooves and tread patterns that trap water, mud, dirt, snow, and other road debris from your shoes. They also have raised edges that prevent spills from staining your factory mats.
Benefits of Using Floor Mats
Now, if you’ve read up to this point, then it’s easy to identify some of the benefits of floor mats. Following major technological improvements, floor mats have become a big part of our everyday lives as they serve essential purposes in our cars.
So, with that said, let’s discuss some of the essential benefits of floor mats that go beyond their basic functions.
Protect the Interior
One of the major benefits of floor mats for cars is that they protect your Jeep’s interior. This mostly happens in two ways. One, they protect vital car parts from being ruined by water as most factory mats are too small to cover the entire flooring adequately.
Two, floor mats, especially those made from rubber or TPE, have excellent all-weather resistance that helps to protect the factory mats from damage.
Provide Safety and Comfort
Other than trapping dirt, floor mats are safer options that help to reduce the risk of sliding or skidding while in the car. The grooves and the tread patterns also offer some comfort when stepped on giving you a stress-free driving experience.
Keep the Car Clean
Another benefit of floor mats is that they keep the car’s cabin clean. Since most mats are made of rubber and TPE, they’re not easily stained. Also, most brands design their mats with raised lips on the edges to trap water, dirt, and spills. This makes it easier to remove the messy spills without staining the car.
Last but not least, floor mats improve the appearance of your Jeep by giving it a classy look. So, if you’re looking to customize your Jeep’s interior, then these mats are perfect add-ons you can consider.
How do you Clean Jeep Floor Mats?
Things You’ll Need:
- Soap or detergent
- Bucket of water
- Stiff bristled brush
- Microfiber towel
- Handheld vacuum cleaner
Cleaning Rubber Floor Mats
- Step One: Start by removing the mats from the car.
- Step Two: Next, rinse the mats with water to remove any surface dirt.
- Step Three: Pick a stiff-bristled brush and start scrubbing the mats with soapy water.
- Step Four: Once you’re convinced with the results, rinse the mats with clean water and hang them somewhere safe to dry.
Cleaning Carpeted Floor Mats
- Step One: Start by removing the mats from the car. Make sure you do it gently to avoid leaving dirt and other messes inside the car.
- Step Two: Vacuum each mat using a handheld vacuum to remove surface dirt. To remove all the dirt entirely, try hitting the mats on a solid surface to shake off all the dirt.
- Step Three: Now apply your preferred washing detergent and start scrubbing the mats with a stiff-bristled brush to remove all the grime.
- Step Four: When you’re done, rinse the mats gently with clean water and hang them to dry.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Do Jeeps Come With Floor Mats?
Yes, they do. Jeeps come with factory floor mats to keep the interior clean and cover vital parts against damage. However, most of these OEM floor mats are poor in quality. So, to upgrade your car with something more functional and authentic, most people prefer the best car floor liners such as the ones we’ve discussed here.
Q2. Can I Ruin the Mats by Trimming Them?
Well, this will depend on the type of floor mats you have. If the mats are marketed as “customizable”, then it’s possible to trim them without ruining them. On the other hand, if the mats are custom fits, then trimming them will lessen the grip underneath the mats causing them to shift a lot.
Q3. How Often Should I Clean the Mats?
Well, this will depend on how you see them. If the mats appear too dirty to a point of losing their color, then it’s important that you wash them. Remember, your Jeep Wrangler is like a small house only that it’s mobile. Therefore, cleaning the mats makes the cabin look neat, tidy, and appealing.
Q4. Are Floor Liners Similar to Floor Mats?
Yes. Floor liners are similar to floor mats with slight differences between them. Now, both of these mats perform the same task of keeping the interior clean and protecting vital parts from spills and water. However, the two have slight differences.
Floor mats, for instance, have deep grooves and ridges that help to trap water, mud, dirt, and other road debris. Floor liners, on the other hand, have thick outer edges that fit the contours of your car. This allows them to cover the entire flooring against spills, water, and other stains.
As you can see, a set of high-quality floor mats is essential if you’re driving a powerhouse such as a Jeep Wrangler. From what we’ve discussed, these mats come with myriad benefits such as protecting the interior against spills, keeping the cabin clean, and improving the aesthetic value of your dear Jeep.
In our discussion, we’ve listed at least 14 high-standard floor mats that are currently the best. These floor mats contain essential features that benefit your Jeep Wrangler at all angles.
Most of them are affordable and above all, they’re all-weather resistant meaning they can be used in inclement weather and still resist premature wear. So, with that said, we believe that this guide has provided value in the topic of the best Jeep Wrangler floor mats.